QuickTest Professional/Functional Testing 11.0 Essentials
This core course provides a comprehensive understanding of using QuickTest Professional 11.0 as an automated functional testing tool. You will use the point and click interface to record and play back tests, add synchronization points and verification steps, and create multiple action tests. Once tests are created, you will discover and correct common record and play back problems.
In addition, you will learn to use Expert View to create steps that work with dynamic objects and data, use VBScript conditional and looping statements to control the flow of your tests and components, and use Data Table methods and database connection objects to retrieve external data. All topics are supported by hands-on exercises based on real-life examples.
New users of QuickTest Professional who need to automate manual testing and verification in a short amount of time. Quality assurance engineers who will assume technical lead roles in the use of QuickTest Professional. Quality assurance engineers who will support business analysts using Business Process Testing. Other users of QuickTest Professional who need to customize and enhance their automated tests using scripting.
Working knowledge of Windows, Web sites, browsers, and Testing concepts
• Create basic scripts from a manual test case.
• Enhance basic tests with synchronization and verification.
• Parameterize tests to run with multiple sets of data.
• Create and reuse modular actions.
• Use the Object Repository.
• Use debugging tools.
• Use custom checkpoints to create more precise verification points within a test.
• Use the Object Repository Manager.
• Describe and use virtual objects.
• Resolve object recognition problems.
• Discuss centralized management of QTP resources, versioning and baselining.
• Use Local System Monitoring.
• Identify when Expert View is useful.
• Retrieve and use the properties of an object.
• Create programmatic descriptions.
• Create tests that include VBScript.
• Retrieve data from application objects.
• Use the Data Table object to store run-time data and drive actions.
• Create scripts that access data from external sources.
• Create new subroutines and functions.
• Use the Function Library editor.
• Identify when to handle exceptions programmatically.
Cities & Dates
9.30a.m – 3.30 p.m, 9250 Bendix Road, Suite 925, Columbia, MD 21045
Full payment or purchase order must be received at least 14 calendar days prior to the class start date. Upon successful purchase, you will receive an acknowledgement, via e-mail.
If cancellation is done a minimum of two weeks prior to the training class start date, a 100% refund will be given. If the cancellation is done within 14 calendar days prior to the training class start date, no refund will be given. Full payment or purchase order must be received at least 14 calendar days prior to the class start date.
Class substitutions are permitted. Please notify Quality Oriented Solutions, Inc. of the change at least 7 days in advance.
Quality Oriented Solutions, Inc. reserves the right to cancel a training class for any reason. If possible, students will be notified of the cancellation at least one week prior to the class start date. Students enrolled in a cancelled course will be given the option to have their payment refunded or to receive an equivalent credit toward a future public training course.
Quality Oriented Solutions, Inc. does not recommend the purchase of non-refundable travel. Quality Oriented Solutions, Inc. is not responsible for any travel, cancellation charges, or other direct or consequential losses incurred.