Software QA Engineer – Advanced
Take your Software Testing skills to the next level by learning technologies that support the development of applications you test. You will learn complex database queries, server operating systems such as Linux as well as Web servers.
In addition, you will be introduced to Functional testing with Quick Test Professional. All topics are supported by hand-on exercises on real-life infrastructures.
6 Class sessions
Monday & Wednesday evenings
• Software testers, test analyst, test engineers who will assume Senior, lead or managerial roles.
• IT professionals in areas outside of Quality Assurance such as Business Analyst, Developers, Designers desiring in-depth knowledge into Quality Assurance.
• Successful completion or the Intermediate Software QA Engineer Course
• Prior Software Tester / Quality Assurance experience in a real-world setting.
• Database Testing
– Understanding of Relational Database
Management Systems (RDBMS)
– Structured Query Language (SQL)
– SQL Statements
– Validating Result sets against User Interface (UI)
• Automated Testing overview
• Introduction of QTP
• Record and Playback
• Virtualization Technologies
• Understanding Web servers – IIS, Apache TOMCAT.
• Windows 2008 Server
– Installing roles
– Installing services
– User and Groups Administration
• Introduction to Linux
– Basic Unix Commands