Software Test Engineer
Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), the roles and operations of a Software Tester in a hands-on environment.
This core course provides comprehensive understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), the roles and operations of a Software Tester / Quality Assurance Engineer. You will learn how the SDLC is used in several organizations to initiate software, gather requirements, design, develop and test applications.
You will learn how to analyze the Business Requirement Document (BRD), write Test Plans and Test cases, enter, assign and track defects (bugs) as well as all core Testing Types. In addition, you will learn how to write queries to extensively test the applications’ back-end database and validate the results. All topics are supported by hand-on exercises testing real-life applications.
6 weeks (or at your pace)
• Professionals with Non-IT backgrounds interested in making a career switch.
• Students in computer science and related fields looking to select Software Testing/QA as their career path upon graduation.
• IT professionals in areas outside of Quality Assurance such as Business Analyst, Developers, Designers.
Working knowledge of Windows, Web sites, browsers and basic computer skills.
If you experience issues during your registration process, please call us at 410.888.QOSI (7674) to register with a QOSI representative.
• Definition of Software.
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Software Methodologies.
– Waterfall Methodology.
– Agile Methodology.
• Analyzing the Business Requirement Document (BRD).
• Technical Specification.
• Design – review wireframes and prototypes.
• Use case creation.
• Test Planning – writing the Test Plan.
• Test cases creation.
• Software Testing Environment.
• Manual vs. Automated.
• Software Testing Types.
• Timing Test – testing with HttpWatch.
• Bug Tracking & Reporting.